Tuesday, February 25, 2020 | 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Ives Main Library | 133 Elm Street | New Haven
Join us on Fat Tuesday to celebrate your community and support the incredible work of the New Haven Free Public Library year-round. Our annual Mardi Gras event features food and drinks from some of the area’s best restaurants and bars, a fun and festive photo booth, a musical performance by Thabisa, and more exciting surprises.
Here’s some of what to expect at Mardi Gras:
• Taste delicious dishes and cocktails from some of New Haven’s most popular restaurants, including Hamilton Park, Zinc New Haven, Claire’s Corner Copia, Sherkaan, Ordinary, Orchid Cafe, Bear‘s Smokehouse and High George.
• Dance to music of the Thabisa and her band
• Purchase and pop a balloon to reveal local gift certificates and other goodies
• Party with drag performers and other surprise guests
• Rub elbows with bibliophiles & New Haven’s creative cocktail crowd
New Haven: A City of Stories
This Mardi Gras, we celebrate our city and the stories of its history and residents. Dress to impress inspired by the tapestry of tales – both literary and personal – that make New Haven the Greatest Small City in America!!
Check out photos from last year’s event!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Presenting Sponsor Royal Court
Krewe of Rex
Baker & Taylor
Midwest Tape/hoopla Digital
Iovanne Funeral Home
Reliable Refrigeration Plus
Kenneth Boroson Architects