We make available a variety of meeting spaces in all our locations for community organizations and businesses to hold meetings and events. Please review our Meeting Room Policy (2022) prior to requesting a room.
To Reserve a Room:
Please review the options and information for each branch and meeting room below:
- Click here to be redirected to our reservation system where you can see room descriptions, photos, and available times to request.
- For questions regarding branch library meeting rooms, contact the location nearest you.
- For Ives Main Library meeting room questions, please email [email protected] or leave a message at (203) 946-8130 ext. 312 . Email is preferred.
- Preference for tutor rooms at the Ives Main Library is given to reservations for job interviews, telemedicine appointments, studying, and other related tasks which require a private space.
For all meeting room reservations, please make your request at least 7 days prior to your meeting. Inquiries can expect an answer within 2 business days. While we aim to serve as many groups as possible and uphold these time frames for requests, we are unable to guarantee them.
Ives Main Library Meeting Rooms
Following is a brief description of available spaces for community use. Spaces are priced as indicated per 2-hour session during regular library hours.
Parking is one- and two-hour metered on-street.
- Ives Community Program Room ($50) , seats about 40; includes small stage with ramp accessibility, large screen, overhead projector, good sound system; laptop connection at podium with microphone; kitchen; separate entrance. Close to Temple St. entrance ramp and public restrooms.
- Ives Performance Area ($50), flexible seating for 40; includes electric roll-down projection screen, ceiling-mounted video projector, performance reinforcement sound system with 2 wired microphones and connection panel for laptops.
- Ives Think Tank ($25), table that seats 6; mobile 75″ LED/LCD-technology monitor with built-in speakers, small computer and wireless keyboard and mouse; includes sink.
- Ives Computer Lab ($50), 9 computer workstations, white board.
- Ives Board Room ($50), recently remodeled, includes white board, projector, web conferencing facility. Table seats 6, lounge area seats about 4.
- Tutor Rooms (free). Capacity 1 person. Book a tutor room for one-on-one tutoring, online interviews, and other important school, social services, or job-related business that requires a space to speak privately. Please note that these rooms are not sound-proofed.
- Philip Marett Seminar Room ($25), can accommodate up to 20 standing and seat up to 10; 75″ LED/LCD-technology flat wall panel display with BYOD wireless gateway with Creston AirMedia to connect.
- Children’s Program Room ($25), adjacent to Young Minds Department, seats up to 15, includes small kitchen, screen. Portable projector, DVD player and large screen TV are available. A good choice for meetings that include parents with small children–you provide the supervision, we provide library books, games, etc.
Fair Haven Library Meeting Rooms
There is no charge for the use of Fair Haven spaces and parking is available in our lot.
Community Program Room seats 45
Multi-function space on Lower Level of Fair Haven Branch Library with projector and screen; stairs to reach room (located on lower level) or use elevator; washrooms just outside room.
- 65 chairs
- DVD/Blu-ray player
- laptops available upon request
- projection screen and speakers
- tables (9) 4 6-ft tables; 5 8-ft tables
- wi-fi access
Two Tutor rooms can accommodate up to 3 people.
Mitchell Library Meeting Rooms
There is no charge for Mitchell spaces and parking is available in our lot.
Community Program Room seats 15, includes LCD projector, portable screen, dvd player, and small kitchenette.
Wilson Library Meeting Rooms
There is no charge for Wilson spaces and parking is available in our lot.
Community Program Room, seats 45, includes kitchenette, and mounted LCD projector with surround sound
Family Place Room, accommodates up to 12 people.
2 Conference Rooms, seating capacity of 5 each.
Atrium, open area that seats about 45.
Computer Lab, includes 15 computers (14 classroom and 1 instructor); projector, printers and wifi. Accommodates 8 people.