We make available a variety of meeting spaces in all our locations for community organizations and businesses to hold meetings and events. Wireless connectivity is available everywhere, and all branches except Ives Main Library offer on-site parking. All rooms are handicapped accessible. Portable microphone is available.
Contact Pat Doerr, 203-946-8137, for information.
For more information about the Ives Main Library Meeting Rooms, click here.
IVES MAIN LIBRARY
Parking is one- and two-hour metered on-street.
Following is a brief description of available spaces for community use. Spaces are priced as indicated per 2-hour session during regular library hours (after hours are possible and cost extra). To reserve your space, contact Pat Doerr at 203-946-8137.
- Ives Community Program Room ($50) , seats about 75; includes small stage with ramp accessibility, large screen, overhead projector, good sound system; laptop connection at podium with microphone; kitchen; separate entrance. Close to Temple St. entrance ramp and public restrooms.
- Ives Performance Area ($50), flexible seating for 100+; includes small stage with ramp accessibility, electric roll-down projection screen, ceiling-mounted video projector, performance reinforcement sound system with 2 wired microphones and connection panel for laptops.
- Ives Think Tank ($25), table that seats 12; mobile 75″ LED/LCD-technology monitor with built-in speakers, small computer and wireless keyboard and mouse; includes sink.
- Ives Computer Lab ($50), 9 computer workstations, white board.
- Ives Board Room ($50), recently remodeled, includes white board, projector, web conferencing facility. Table seats 20, lounge area seats about 10.
- Tutor Rooms (free), capacity of three people. First come, first served.
- Transition Center ($25), Open area overlooking terrace, seats up to 30.
- Philip Marrett Seminar Room ($25), can accommodate up to 40 standing and seat up to 20; 75″ LED/LCD-technology flat wall panel display with BYOD wireless gateway with Creston AirMedia to connect.
- Children’s Program Room ($25), adjacent to Young Minds Department, seats up to 30, includes small kitchen, screen. Portable projector, DVD player and large screen TV are available. A good choice for meetings that include parents with small children–you provide the supervision, we provide library books, games, etc.
FAIR HAVEN BRANCH
Please contact the Branch Manager, Sandra Hernandez-Laguna, at 203-946-8115, to reserve space for your meeting or event. There is no charge for the use of these rooms, and parking is available in our lot.
- Community Program Room seats 65
- Computer classroom contains 6 computer stations
- Two Tutor rooms accommodate 4 and 8 people.
Please contact Sharon Lovett-Graff, Branch Manager, at 203.946.8117, to reserve space for your meeting or event. There is no charge, and parking is available in our lot.
Community Program Room seats 30, includes LCD projector, portable screen, dvd player, small kitchenette.
Exhibit space is available for community use.
Please contact Diane Brown, Branch Manager, at 203.946.8119, to reserve space for your meeting or event. There is no charge, and parking is available in our lot.
Two rooms are available: one seats 50 and the other seats 20. Equipment includes kitchenette, LCD projector, dvd player, screen, whiteboard, TV.
Please contact John Jessen, Branch Manager, at 203.946.2228, to reserve space for your meeting or event. There is no charge, and parking is available in our lot.
- Community Program Room, seats 90, includes kitchenette
- Family Place Room, accommodates up to 25 children or 15 adults2 Conference Rooms, seating capacity of 10 each
- Atrium, open area that seats about 90. Contains a baby grand Wurlitzer piano available for use anytime, subject to availability, at no extra charge. (Ask staff!)
- Exhibit space is available for community use.
Equipment: LCD projector, DVD player, TV, screen, white board, laptops, piano