Tuesday, March 5, 2019 | 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Mitchell Library | 37 Harrison Street | New Haven
Join us on Fat Tuesday to celebrate your community and support the incredible work of the New Haven Free Public Library year round. Our annual Mardi Gras event features food and drinks from some of the area’s best restaurants and bars, Lotta Studio’s fun and festive photo booth, the Funky Dawgz Brass Band, and a Mardi Gras parade. This year’s event returns to Mitchell Library for a second year – bringing a taste of New Orleans to the heart of Westville Village!
Here’s some of what to expect at Mardi Gras:
• Taste delicious dishes and cocktails from some of New Haven’s most popular restaurants, including Zinc New Haven, Soul de Cuba, the Anchor Spa, Amoy’s and Hamilton Park
• Join a New Orleans-style parade
• Pose for pictures in Lotta Studio’s photo booth
• Dance to music of the Funky Dawgz Brass Band
• Purchase and pop a balloon to reveal local gift certificates and other goodies
• Bid on exclusive experiences and one-of-a-kind packages in the silent auction
• Rub elbows with bibliophiles & New Haven’s creative cocktail crowd
New this year, we celebrate the freedom to read with food, drinks, and entertainment highlighting banned and challenged books. NHFPL is proud to challenge censorship because intellectual freedom is essential to the preservation of a free society and a creative culture. We invite you to draw inspiration from this theme for your Mardi Gras costume or mask!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Krewe of Rex
Gold Bead Sponsors:
Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
People’s United Bank
Silver Bead Sponsors:
Elm Campus Partners
Goodcopy Visual Communications
Start Community Bank
Iovanne Funeral Home