For Teens Entering Grades 7-12 (and teens who just finished high school too!)
SUMMER LEARNING RUNS JUNE 9th-September 3rd!
Summer is for relaxing and having a good time! But that doesn’t mean you have to stop learning new things! Try out a new craft, experiment with technology, learn about a new hobby… stop by any branch of the New Haven Free Public Library to see what new and interesting things we have for you!
This year’s program is fun and easy, so why not join it?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It’s super easy! Earn points for reading, for coming to library programs, and for doing things in your community like visiting local or state parks and museums! Earn 10 points to receive a FREE BOOK of your choice, and earn 20 points for a chance to win a gift certificate and maybe even a Chromebook!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- You must live in New Haven or attend a New Haven school.
- You must be entering grades 7-12 in Fall 2018, or you can have just graduated high school this year. If you are not going in to grade 7 (or up) yet, visit our Kids Summer Learning Page for details about your program! Persons over 19 years old are not eligible to participate.
- Pick up or print a Summer Learning Log-Teen Edition to keep track of your progress. Logs are available at every NHFPL branch. Don’t forget to review all the great titles you read!
- Do the following activities and tell us about them so we can stamp your log for you:
1) Participants must be teenagers (entering grade 7 in fall 2018 – Seniors graduating in Summer 2018). No one older than 19 permitted to participate.
2) Summer Learning starts June 9th and runs through September 3rd. Program logs must be stamped by library staff during this time period.
HOW TO WIN PRIZES:
Complete 10 points for a FREE BOOK!
Complete 20 points for a chance at a GIFT CERTIFICATE!
Participants who complete 20 points will also get a chance to win a GRAND PRIZE!
Still have questions? Not finding what you need? Contact us with any questions!
Margaret Girgis: 203-946-8130 ext. 383, firstname.lastname@example.org