For Teens Entering Grades 7-12 (and teens who just finished high school too!)
SUMMER LEARNING RUNS JUNE 3rd-August 30th!
Summer is for relaxing and having a good time! But that doesn’t mean you have to stop learning new things! Try out a new craft, experiment with technology, learn about a new hobby… stop by any branch of the New Haven Free Public Library to see what new and interesting things we have for you!
This year’s program is fun and easy, so why not join it?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It’s super easy! Earn points for reading, for coming to library programs, and for doing things in your community like visiting local or state parks and museums! Earn 10 points to receive a FREE set of earbuds, and earn 20 points for a chance to win a gift certificate, a waterproof Bluetooth speaker, or even a Chromebook!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- You must live in New Haven or attend a New Haven school.
- You must be entering grades 7-12 in Fall 2019, or you can have just graduated high school this year. If you are not going in to grade 7 (or up) yet, visit our Kids Summer Learning Page for details about your program! Persons over 19 years old are not eligible to participate.
- Pick up a Summer Learning Log-Teen Edition to keep track of your progress. Logs are available in English and in Spanish at every NHFPL branch.
- Do the following activities and tell us about them so we can stamp your log for you:
1) Participants must be teenagers (entering grade 7 in fall 2019 – Seniors graduating in Summer 2019). No one older than 19 permitted to participate.
2) Summer Learning starts June 3rd and runs through August 30th. Program logs must be stamped by library staff during this time period.
HOW TO WIN PRIZES:
Complete 10 points for Free earbuds!
Complete 20 points for a chance at a GIFT CERTIFICATE!
Participants who complete 20 points will also get a chance to win a GRAND PRIZE- a waterproof Bluetooth Speaker or even a Chromebook!
Still have questions? Not finding what you need? Contact us with any questions!
Meghan Currey: 203-946-8130 ext. 383, firstname.lastname@example.org