NHFPL offers free annual tax preparation assistance through partnership with Yale’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Our tax preparation site will be operating ONLINE ONLY this year. See below for more information.
Tax Preparation Forms and Booklets
Need the traditional paper tax forms?
Federal forms are available at all 5 of our library locations! Call your local branch to pickup your blank 2020 tax forms via curbside pickup. (Contact information is available at the bottom of this page.) Federal tax forms are also available virtually via the IRS website.
All State of CT tax forms will be available online this year on the CT Department of Revenue Services website.
The State of CT will not distribute any print copies of CT tax forms and booklets to libraries this year. Current NHFPL policy is that printing these documents is free of charge at the library. For more information, call the Reference Desk at 203-946-8130.
Virtual Tax Preparation Services
This year, the VITA Coalition will use a new online tax platform called GetYourRefund. Follow these instructions to get started:
- Go to NHFPL’s unique GetYourRefund link (http://www.getyourrefund.org/NHFPL-CT). Do this prior to your appointment.
- Click “Get Started” and follow the prompts to enter your information and upload your tax documents.
- VITA volunteers will review your uploaded documents to be sure they were submitted correctly and nothing is missing. They will contact you via email or phone if anything is missing or they need more information.
- Once everything is good to go, you will be contacted by VITA via email with a unique link for you to use to make an appointment.
- A VITA volunteer will call you on the day and time of your appointment to complete your tax return with you over the phone. A copy of your return will be emailed to you.